- An increased adoption and exploitation of artificial intelligence (AI)
- The advent of fully autonomous weapons.
- A change in the geometry of weapons.
- An increase in the number of weapons.
- More inexplicable, “other worldly” moves and a breakneck pace.
- New technologies, applications and insights increasingly emerging from civilian sources.
- An increase in the importance of the cyber domain.
- A blurring of the boundaries between soldiers and civilians, state and non-state actors, war zones, and safe havens.