What Will Finance Look Like In 2025? Eight Predictions For The Digital Age
- The finance factory: Computers powered by artificial intelligence and blockchain will increasingly work alongside human workers, freeing them to make decisions and be more creative.
- Finance’s role: Automated operations will enable finance to “double down” on business insights and service.
- Finance goes real-time: Periodic reporting will be a thing of the past, allowing the rest of the business on-demand access to reports and forecasts.
- Self-service: Smart agents, chatbots, and more are here to help finance customers and clients solve problems on their own. This will make finance uneasy.
- Operating models: New service delivery models will bring a diverse finance workforce. Robots and algorithms will integrate with freelancers, gig workers and crowds. Automation will be weighed against onshore and offshore operations.
- Core finance platforms: Finance applications and microservices will challenge enterprise resource planning vendors. They will be ready to take on this challenge.
- Data: Companies will still struggle to clean up data messes, despite the rise of APIs for data standardization.
- Talent: What will the future of finance roles look like? Data scientists and effective communicators will surge in importance as employees work with digital tools.